MIT Press eBooks can be accessed using Online Reader [through browser], offline [using our proprietary iPublishCentral Reader] on any PC/Mac and on iPad [using the MIT Press iPad app] after the subscription.
You can download the purchased eBook(s) to the iPad app(on iPad) / iPublishCentral Reader(on PC/Mac) and access it without internet connections. However, you need to have internet connections to install and download the eBook to the iPad app / iPublishCentral Reader application. Once it is downloaded, you can access the eBook offline.
Please follow the below steps to access your subscribed eBooks online on a computer:
- Go to http://mitpress-ebooks.mit.edu/login Login with your registered credentials(Username & Password)
- You will be redirected to your bookshelf page
- You will see your subscribed eBooks with Online Reading Options.
- Click on the Online Reader to read it online.
Click Here to view the instructions to install the iPublishCentral Reader application on your computer/laptop and download your purchased eBook.
Please follow the below steps to access your subscribed eBooks on an iPad:\
- Download the MIT Press iPad app first from iTunes : https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/mit-press-ebooks/id586597528?mt=8
- After successful installation, please tap on " My Account " tab at the bottom [Ref: attachment]
- Enter your registered Username and Password and tap on "Sign In" to log in to the app.
- Then, tap on the "Close" button to close the "My Account" window.
- Tap on " My Bookshelf " tab at the bottom of the iPad app.
- You will find your purchased eBook(s) to be greyed out. Please tap on the eBook, it will start downloading to the " My Bookshelf " on the app.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the eBook to read it.