Unfortunately, an update released to Google Chrome in late 2012 broke the functionality with auto installation for any product connected to Adobe Air, affecting iPublishCentral Reaader along with many other applications around the web. Google and Adobe are working on a fix, but you do have two options to avoid the problem in the meantime.
Please note: This issue only affects the Installation and Set Up of iPublishCentral Reaader; you can continue using Chrome to view eBooks through the online Reader without any trouble.
Solution 1: Use Firefox or Safari or Internet Explorer to Create Rotators
The quickest solution is to switch to another browser when you need to create or edit a rotator. Firefox and Safari and Internet Explorer are not affected by this issue.
Solution 2: Update your Flash Player Plugin Settings in Chrome
You can restore proper functionality in Chrome by taking the following steps:
- Type chrome://plugins into your address bar in Chrome.
- On the settings page that loads, click the Details button in the top-right to show more options:
- Under the Flash item (which will probably appear first), the first subitem will include "PepperFlash" in the path. Click Disable to disable this version of the plugin:
- The "PepperFlash" item will now be grayed out:
- Restart Chrome and the auto-installation feature should now work properly.