The instructions below will guide you through the steps for installing MIT Press eBooks app for Android on your Kindle Fire.
Open this link on your default browser on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap “Settings” on your Kindle Fire (it’s the icon that looks like a gear)
- Tap “More”
- Scroll down until you see “Device”
- In the Device tab, set “Allow installation of Applications” to ON, and tap OK when you see the Warning prompt.
| Tap here to download the MIT Press eBooks APK (the Android app)
You can Type this URL directly into your browser to download : http://bit.ly/1lhjhUw
- Once the app has finished downloading, tap the Notifications Bar icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the .apk file
- The Fire will ask if you are sure you want to install the app…
- Tap “Yes”
- The installation process will start…
After the installation is complete, look for MIT Press eBooks app in your Apps collection
Open the app, click on Menu , Go to More > Accounts > Login with your MIT Press eBook site Username & Password.
Next, please tap on "eBooks" option inside menu.
The books will be listed with "Download" button. Please tap on the eBook, it will start downloading to the "My Books" in the app.
Once it is downloaded, tap on the eBook to read it.