In the busy, demanding profession of ophthalmology, it is important to have access to up-to-date, reliable information at all times. With the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s eBook app, you get convenient access to essential Academy textbooks from your iPad or iPhone. Download this free app to:
• Access your purchased eBooks online, or download them for offline use
• Search and browse across all AAO eBook titles
• Customize your learning with easy highlighting, note-taking and bookmarking
• Quickly find relevant images and videos
• Participate in activities that provide opportunities for earning continued medical education (CME) credits (select titles only, see individual publications for more information)
Please follow the below steps to get your purchased eBooks to your iPad.
- Open your browser in iPad and download the AAO eBooks iPad app from the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-academy-ophthalmology/id665817219?ls=1&mt=8
- If you have already downloaded the iPad app, please tap on "Account" tab
- Here, enter your registered User name and Password and tap on "Sign In" to login to the app.
- Then, tap on the "Close" button to close the "Account" window.
- Next, please tap on "Shelf" tab at the bottom of the Catalog page.
- Your purchased eBook(s) will appear to be grayed out. Please tap on the eBook, it will start downloading to the "Shelf" in the app.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the eBook to read it.