How to Delete Apps on an iPad
Whether you need to free up some space for the latest update, or you're just over that boring old app, you can easily delete apps from your iPad's Home screen. We'll show you how.
1Locate the app you want to delete by scrolling through your Home screen.
2Tap and hold your finger on the app icon on your iPad’s Home screen until all of the icons begin to wobble.
- When you are in this mode (the "move state"), you may consolidate your apps into different folders, move them to different locations on the Home screen, or delete them altogether.
3Tap the "x" in the top left corner of the app you want to delete. A window may appear prompting you to rate the app.
- Apps that do not have an "x" button in the move state are default apps and cannot be removed. These apps include the App Store, Contacts, iTunes, Messages, Utilities, etc.
4A window will appear informing you that deleting the app will also delete all of its data. Click "Delete" to delete the app, or "Cancel" to back out and keep the app.
5Click the Home button to exit the move state.
6To prevent deleted apps from re-syncing to your iPad when connected to your computer, open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
7Make sure you are in the Library. If you are in the iTunes store, click "Library" at the top right of the screen, then "Apps" from the dropdown menu at the top left.
8Locate the app you want to delete and right click it. Select "Delete." A window will appear asking if you want to move the selected app to trash or keep it in the Mobile Apps folder. Select "Delete App".
- You can create an "Apple Apps" folder to house all of the unwanted default apps that cannot be deleted.
- You can always reinstall an app you have deleted without having to pay for it again by locating it on the App Store and tapping the Install button.
- Deleting an app will remove all of the information stored within it such as documents you have created, high scores and saved games.
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.