Subscribed eBooks on HIMSS can be viewed online (through a browser) or also downloaded to your computer using our iPublishCentral reader for registered users.
Note:For this you have to have flash in your system. You can download it for free at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Please follow the below instructions to access your purchased eBook using online reader:
- Open the browser on your PC/Mac
- Go to http://ebooks.himss.org/
- Using your registered user credentials log in to site.
- After successful login, you will be redirected to the 'Bookshelf' page.
- Click 'Read Online' to read the eBook in online reader through browser.
Please follow the below instructions to install the iPublishCentral reader application to your PC/Mac:
- Once you login using your account you will notice a button “Download iPublishCentral reader”.
- Click on the download button to go to installation page. Click on install button to setup iPublishCentral reader on your system.
- When you use iPublishCentral reader for the first time, you need to login(upper right hand side) with the following details:
- Account URL -http://ebooks.himss.org/
- Username - Enter your account name
- Password – Enter your password
- In the radio button - click on Normal User
- The iPublishCentral reader will verify your account details. If the account details are correct, the reader will continue to load.
- Once loaded, you can see all the books that you have subscribed online with a download link for offline reading.
Please follow the below steps to access your purchased eBooks on your iPad:
- Please download the HIMSS eBooks app from App store. The link is: https://itunes.apple.com/kz/app/himss-ebooks/id500455814?mt=8
- Please login using your registered credentials for "My Account" tab.
- Then, tap on the "Close" button to close the "My Account" window.
- Next, please tap on "My Bookshelf" tab at the bottom of the iPad app.
- Here, your purchased eBook(s) will appear to be grayed out. Please tap on the eBook, it will start downloading to the "My Bookshelf" in the app.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the eBook to read it.
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.